[tweetmeme source=”KAWConsulting” http://www.bit.ly/cudwQ0]
Successful delegation is one of the most critical skill sets a Supervisor or Manager needs to develop. Being able to delegate successfully helps you tap into the potential of your staff. It helps you accomplish much more than you could working alone, and allows you to devote your time and efforts to your most critical tasks, or things you do best. Put simply, being able to delegate successfully is one of the keys to a successful career in Supervision or Management.
Yet, many Managers and Supervisors resist delegating. Common reasons include:
- Fear of loss of control.
- Don’t feel that their staff has the ability to do the work.
- Tried to delegate before but it didn’t work
- Staff resists the idea of taking on more work
The good news, however, is that there are solutions to these factors. For example you can:
- Delegate at a level you’re comfortable with.
- Delegate a small portion of a task initially, and use that as a way of building your delegating skills.
- Use specific strategies for overcoming staff reluctance.
- Follow an effective 3 stage process to plan what to delegate, make the delegation and conduct the needed follow-up so you know where things stand.
Because be able to delegate successfully is such an important skill, KAW Consulting developed “DELEGATING FOR RESULTS”, an electronic handbook that will help you learn these vital skills. You’ll learn how to effectively:
- Identify what tasks to delegate.
- Identify the right people to delegate to.
- Identify the level of delegation that you’re comfortable with.
- Determine what the person doing the task needs, so they can deliver the results you expect.
- Hold effective delegation meetings.
- Conduct the needed follow-up to stay on top of the person’s progress.
Unlike most books that describe the delegation process in general terms, “DELEGATING FOR RESULTS” walks you through the process step by step, helping you think of the key ingredients to make your delegation successful, and avoid the common problems that crop up in unsuccessful ones. We’ve even included forms to help you analyze your major tasks and identify which ones are excellent candidates to delegate, furnish the person you’re delegating to with the important information they need to understand about the task, and a checklist to make sure you’ve considered the vitals steps when planning your delegation.
Like any great handbook, “DELEGATING FOR RESULTS” is something you’ll want to use over and over again.. And unlike paper handbooks, that get lost easily, it’s an electronic book in PDF format, that you can store on your computer so you have it accessible each time you need to use it. Just call it up and it’s ready to use. If you want hard copy, you can print what you need. To save you time, we’ve even included hyperlinks in the Table of Contents so you can jump right to the page or section you need without having to spend time scrolling through unneeded pages.
You can buy single copies for the low price of $15.95.
Sharing with additional users is also easy–just purchase additional licenses at $14.95 per user.
To view a sample and instructions on how to purchase online click here.
Note: Available to only U.S. customers at this time.