Note: To See a Sample Kindle Version Click Here. U.S. users can order directly. Global users should either click here, or visit your applicable Amazon website and input “Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors” in the search criteria.
As mentioned in Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors – Part 1, good employee coaching has some real benefits. It:
Helps employees understand what they should be doing and how.
Provides employees with important information on whether they are performing up to expectation and if not, how far off the mark they are.
Helps employees develop and enhance new skills needed for future positions.
So What is Employee Coaching?
Employee coaching is the process of providing employees with the training they need on how to do their job, and feedback on their performance. It involves:
- Setting needed performance expectations.
- Providing the necessary training.
- Monitoring performance against expectation.
- Providing feedback on results.
- Providing support and encouragement.
- Helping employees determine how to make needed adjustments so they do things right.
- Celebrating success.
Employee coaching involves 4 key phases. These are:
- Phase 1: Establish Performance Expectations
- Determine expected performance for major tasks and responsibilities.
- Develop applicable performance measures.
- Phase 2: Provide the Needed Training
- Determine needed knowledge and skills.
- Assess current level of proficiency.
- Design and conduct needed training.
- Observe and assess use of learned skills; retrain as needed.
- Phase 3: Analyze Performance
- Identify performance gaps and type of gap.
- Identify reasons for gaps.
- Identify potential solutions.
- Phase 4: Discuss Performance
- Provide employee with feedback on their performance.
- Determine employee’s awareness of performance or problems and the impact of it.
- Engage in joint problem solving on potential needed corrections.
- Develop a joint action plan.
- Monitor implementation of action plan.
So How Do I Learn These Skills?
To help you learn how to coach effectively, KAW Consulting developed “Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors” an electronic handbook that walks you step by step through the process of how to coach your employees effectively.
Written in clear, easy to understand language, you’ll learn how to:
Establish the groundwork to have an effective coaching relationship with your employees.
Determine expected performance levels for your employees’ major tasks and responsibilities.
Provide your employees with the needed training.
Analyze your employees’ current level of performance against expected levels, and identify areas needing improvement.
Hold an effective coaching discussion to provide employees with feedback on how they are doing, and develop plans for making needed improvements.
We’ve even included sample forms you can use to identify how you want to define expected levels of performance, develop training plans, analyze how well your employees are performing, and plan an effective coaching discussion.
Available in both Kindle and PDF
To meet the demands of our global users, “Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors” is now available in both Kindle and PDF versions. U.S. purchasers can purchase both. International users eligible to purchase from Amazon can purchase the Kindle Version. Both versions allow you to have it accessible each time you need to coach an employee.
Click Here to see a Sample Kindle Version. U.S. users can order directly. Global users should either click here, or visit your applicable Amazon website and input “Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors” in the search criteria.
For U.S. users, the PDF version allows you to store “Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors” on your computer so you have it accessible each time you need to coach an employee. It includes hyperlinks so you can jump right to the page or section you need without having to spend time scrolling through unneeded pages. If you want hard copy you can print what you need.
You can purchase single copies or share with additional users by purchasing additional licenses. This makes it easy for organizations to increase the productivity of their staffs.
You can buy single copies for the low price of $21.95.
Sharing with additional users is also easy–just purchase additional licenses at $19.95 per user.
To view a sample and instructions on how to purchase the PDF version online click here.
Note: PDF Version available to only U.S. customers at this time.