[tweetmeme source=”KAWConsulting” <a href=”http://www.bit.ly/http://http://wp.me/pGCfB-bv://http://wp.me/pGCfB-bv%5D
Successful delegation is one of the most critical skill sets a Supervisor or Manager needs to develop. Being able to delegate successfully helps you tap into the potential of your staff. It helps you accomplish much more than you could working alone, and allows you to devote your time and efforts to your most critical tasks, or things you do best. Put simply, being able to delegate successfully is one of the keys to a successful career in Supervision or Management.
Yet, many Managers and Supervisors resist delegating. Common reasons include:
- Fear of loss of control.
- Don’t feel that their staff has the ability to do the work.
- Tried to delegate before but it didn’t work
- Staff resists the idea of taking on more work
Too often, these obstacles become virtual all or nothing propositions, and Supervisors and Managers either hardly delegate at all, or delegate at a very minimal level.
The good news, however, is that there are ways to deal with these barriers, and start delegating. For example you can:
- Delegate at a level you’re comfortable with.
- Delegate a small portion of a task initially, and use that as a way of building your delegating skills.
- Use specific strategies for overcoming staff reluctance.
So How Do I Get Started?
To become a more effective delegator you’ll need to master some basic skills. You need to learn how to:
- Identify what tasks to delegate.
- Identify the right people to delegate to.
- Identify the level of delegation that you’re comfortable with
- Determine what the person doing the task needs to be able to deliver the results
- Hold effective delegation meetings with the person you’re delegating the task to.
- Conduct the needed follow-up to stay on top of the person’s progress.
So How Do I Learn These Skills?
To start learning how to delegate effectively, see KAWConsulting’s “Delegating for Results”electronic handbook that takes you step by step through the delegation process.
Available in both Kindle and PDF
To meet the demands of our global users, “Delegating For Results“ is now available in both Kindle and PDF versions. U.S. purchasers can purchase both. International users eligible to purchase from Amazon can purchase the Kindle Version. Both versions allow you to have it accessible each time you need to delegate a task.
For information on the Kindle version either click here, or visit your applicable Amazon website and input “Delegating For Results” in the search criteria.
For U.S. users, the PDF version allows you to store “Delegating For Results” on your computer so you have it accessible each time you need to delegate a task. It includes hyperlinks so you can jump right to the page or section you need without having to spend time scrolling through unneeded pages. You can purchase single copies or share with additional users by purchasing additional licenses. This makes it easy for organizations to increase the productivity of their staffs.
You can buy single copies for the low price of $15.95.
Sharing with additional users is also easy–just purchase additional licenses at $14.95 per user.
To view a sample and instructions on how to purchase online click here
Note: The PDF Version is available to U.S. purchasers only.