Note: “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” is now available in both Kindle and PDF Versions. Both U.S. and International Users can buy Kindle Versions. PDF versions are available for U.S. purchasers.
U.S. Purchasers who want to buy a PDF version should click here.
One of the biggest challenges Supervisors and Managers face is managing their time. Because of the very nature of their job, Supervisors and Managers are often bombarded with competing demands on their time from staff, internal/external customers and management. Unmanaged, these demands can prove to be overwhelming. Yet, the ability to identify and focus their attention on the most important tasks is often the difference between a successful or unsuccessful Manager or Supervisor. Consequently, as a Supervisor or Manager, the ability to successfully manage your time is one of the most important skill sets you need to develop.
Symptoms of Poor Time Management
Find a Supervisor or Manager struggling to manage their time and you will often find common symptoms. Among these are:
- A Lack of a clear understanding of what they should be focusing their time on.
- Underestimating how long things take, so schedules are unrealistic.
- Failure to prioritize between activities.
- Belief that Time management tools and methods are too complex and cumbersome.
- If using a time management strategy, using one that ignores the needs of key people they deal with.
- Inability to successfully deal with time wasters and barriers to getting things done.
Signs of Good Time Management
On the other hand, Supervisors and Managers that effectively manage their time also usually share some common traits. They have:
- A clear handle on what they want to accomplish and when.
- A clear understanding of the needed steps and time requirements to accomplish the tasks needed to meet these goals.
- A daily routine that permits them to spend the needed time on each area.
- A time management plan that also reflects the needs of other key people that they interact with such as their boss, clients, staff and colleagues they need to collaborate with on projects and issues.
- The ability to deal with common time wasters and barriers to getting things done.
Because be able to manage your time is such an important skill, KAW Consulting developed “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS”, an electronic handbook that will help you learn these vital skills.
You’ll learn how to:
- Analyze your job and identify what you should focus your time on to achieve what’s expected and your own personal goals.
- Develop an ideal picture of how to allocate your time between your various activities.
- Analyze how you are currently spending your time and identify the gaps from your ideal picture.
- Develop weekly and daily schedules so you focus your time on the activities needed to achieve your goals.
- Deal with time management challenges such as unexpected interruptions, non critical phone calls, high volumes of e-mail, and unproductive meetings.
Unlike most books on time management that are too complicated and hard to understand, “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” is exactly the opposite. It’s written in easy to understand language that walks you step by step through the process of managing your time more effectively. We’ve even included sample forms you can use to identify how you want to spend your time, track how you’re currently spending it versus how you’d like to, and develop the weekly and daily plans to get what you want done.
Available in both Kindle and PDF
To meet the demands of our global users, “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” is now available in both Kindle and PDF versions. U.S. purchasers can purchase both. International users eligible to purchase from Amazon can purchase the Kindle Version. Both versions allow you to have it accessible each time you need it.
Kindle versions allow you to store “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” either on your Kindle or Kindle app (where available) on your iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or other appropriate tablet and have it readily accessible whenever you need to determine how best to manage your time.
For information on the Kindle version either click here, or visit your applicable Amazon website and input “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” in the search criteria.
For U.S. users, the PDF version allows you to store “TIME MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS” on your computer so you have it readily accessible. It includes hyperlinks so you can jump right to the page or section you need without having to spend time scrolling through unneeded pages. If you want hard copy you can print what you need.
You can buy single copies for the low price of $15.95.
Sharing with additional users is also easy–just purchase additional licenses at $14.95 per user.
To view a sample and instructions on how to purchase online click here.
Note: PDF version available to U.S. customers only at this time.